In May 10, during the launch of KVB’s Gift Card, KVB’s MD Sri.P.T.Kuppuswamy, informed that KVB was planning to launch its Travel Card soon.
Keeping its promise, KVB launched its Travel Card in the 3rd week of August 2010.
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, the ace investor launched the KVB Travel Card, at the inauguration of KVB’s Kalbadevi Branch in Mumbai.
The details of the this new offer from KVB, can be accessed at http://www.kvb.co.in/personal/travel_card.html
In brief the highlights are:
1) This is a Visa enabled card
2) The card is available in three major currencies – USD, SGD and Euro
3) The minimum amount for which the card can be purchased is USD 100 / SGD 100 / Euro 100.
4) The maximum amount that can be loaded can be equivalent to USD 10000 / USD 25000 subject to FEMA regulations.
5) The Card can be used for online shopping through net banking.
6) The Balance in the Travel Card can be known through a weblink.
At present, the card is offered through 27 out 344 KVB Branches, across the country.
Well, the charges for the charges for KVB Travel Card, are not yet highlighted in the Bank’s website.