The overwhelming response to INFOSYS USA Maker Awards has motivated INFOSYS Leadership Team to announce the same in India too.
Infosys announced these annual awards on the sidelines of Make In India Mumbai program.
Vandana Sikka, Chairperson, Infosys Foundation USA, said: “Infy Makers is going global and will help awaken a spirit of making in India and inspire the next generation of inventors.”
“The idea is to enable people to come up with ideas that are relevant to real world problems, usage of technology innovatively and originality of these ideas,” said Pravin Rao, COO, Infosys, at the sidelines of Nasscom annual summit.
Highlights of the Program:
· Commitment of INR 1crore every year
· Celebrate the Spirit of ‘Make in India’.
· Enteries open to adults i.e over 18 years
· Voting open to Indian residents
· Commits INR 1 Crore to Encourage the Spirit of Making in India
· The Annual cycle runs from 1st of every March
· The first edition starts from March 1st, 2016
· Participants to prepare a Video outlining their vision. This video has to be opened on the Infosys Maker program website.
· The registration window opens on March 1st, 2016 and closes on April 15th, 2016.
· A panel of distinguished judges representing technology, academia and the community will evaluate and select the winners whose submissions will be evaluated on relevance to real world problems, innovative uses of technology, originality of ideas and quality of presentations
· The ideas which have the potential to solve real world problems will have a good chance of winning the awards. Please note that the ideas should have the whole world as its canvas and not be restricted to India.
Interested to apply, then click here for more details.
On applying, let the world know through your Twitter/FaceBook handle.