Beginning this week, I will be highlighting events, where Digital Transactions can play a major role.
The same will be tagged with #digitalpayments
Sponsorships are a great opportunity to attract eyeballs. Another tool is weave the Digital Payments option into the whole event experience. This increases stickiness but the Digital Payments should a fail-proof plan. Any negative experiences will have disastrous impact on the Digital Payment brand.
Today’s post focuses on the Annual Kodava Hockey Festival
The KODAVA HOCKEY FESTIVAL is a platform for Kodava’s to come together and celebrate the spirit of togetherness. The original idea of KODAVA HOCKEY FESTIVAL is attributed to Sri Pandanda Kuttappa a first division hockey referee and an ex-employee of State Bank of India.
In 1997, the germ of KODAVA HOCKEY FESTIVAL, was sown with the first edition of KODAVA HOCKEY FESTIVAL. Sri Pandanda Kuttappa crystallised the KODAVA HOCKEY FESTIVAL as hockey runs in the blood of Kodavas.
Like every game, some rules were framed to make it a unique event. All the team members must belong to the same family (surname) and participate in full hockey attire.
Women are encouraged to be part of the team and it was left to the woman to decide whether she wants to represent the father's family or that of the husband's. This rule was a boon as women could change their teams every year.
Since 1997, 19 editions have been held. The 2016 edition is the 20th edition and is been hosted by Shantheyanda Family.
The ball has been set rolling for the 2016 edition more excitement is expected once the tournament dates are announced.
The Event: Kodava Hockey Festival
Venue: District of Kodagu-Karnataka
07 ways in which Digital Companies can be associated with Kodava Hockey Festival 2016
01) Exclusive tour packages from Indian major cities to Madikeri during the tournament period. Homestays are very popular in Coorg. Online tour companies can tie up with homestay owners for the exclusive touch with focus on regional cuisines.
02) Launch of Limited edition collectibles revolving around Coorg and Kodava Hockey Festival
03) Limited edition adventure activities centred around Madikeri
04) Limited edition Coorg Cuisine at home delivery food sites
05) Limited edition Clothes especially TShirts at fashion sites
06) Limited edition fashion accessories at fashion accessory sites
07) Photo contests by fashion sites
Digital Companies encompass all eCommerce companies operating on Online Mode or a mix of Online/Offline mode.