Sunday, October 30, 2016
The proposal to establish Railway Universities in India was first mooted in December 2015. This was formally mentioned in the Railway Budget 2016-2017. Highlights of the Railway Budget 2016-17
Updated: Feb 25, 2016, 02.03 PM IST
Rail University: Initially identified the National Academy of Indian Railways at Vadodara
In June 2016 Prime Minister Narendra Modi was reviewing the progress of setting up the Rail University. He expressed unhappiness at the at the ‘slow pace’ of progress.
After this meeting, the matter was put in fast traced and this week, Indian Railways, ‘National Academy of Indian Railways’, invited Application for sponsored candidates for (in collaboration with the Faculty of Management Studies of the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda ). The relevant Advertisement can be accessed here.
Last date of receipt of application is 25.11.2016
Participants in the Programme
Group – A Railway Trainee Officers
In-service Railway Officers
Sponsored candidates from Private/Public sectors, corporates, MSME, individuals.
The course fee for Sponsored candidates is INR7,50,000 + Taxes.
The course fee for MSME sponsored and self-sponsored candidates is INR7,00,000/-
2 seats are reserved for MSME candidates.
With 40,000 miles of tracks and 17,000 trains, India’s vast railway network stretches across the subcontinent, connecting remote villages to heaving metropolises. Set up under the Raj, the system provides a crucial lifeline for the 18 million people a day who use it and for the 1.4 million people it employs.
Shri Manoj Sinha’s Quote "The present campus for National Academy of Indian Railways (NAIR), Vadodara, (at Pratap Vilas Palace) will be initially used to start the railway university. After land acquisition, a full-fledged university will be started here," he said.
In the first phase, the university will start offering MBA and MTech degrees, after which it will offer diploma and BTech in railway operations.
NAIR, formerly known as the Railway Staff College (RSC), presently acts as the apex level training and management development institute for the officers of Indian Railways.
The city of Vadodara will contribute immensely to the development of railways in the country through country's first railway university.
This is what Prime Minister Narendra Modi said after inaugurating the new Vadodara International Airport building at Harni on Saturday.
"Vadodara is known as Sanskarnagari but it is also known as an education hub. It has made a name of its own in technical education. Vadodara and Vallabh Vidyanagar have done remarkable work in this direction. And hence considering this, government of India has taken an important decision whose impact will be felt throughout the century. This is to set up country's first railway university," said Modi.
"If the entire world has reached at 100th place in railways, India stands at tenth position. Even today, our coaches, their speed, the way they are given signals, remains the same. World has changed. Much technological advancement has happened. Indian railways can also make that change happen through technological advancements. To provide an impetus, government has selected Vadodara for setting up the railway university," he said
Wednesday, October 26, 2016
Reserve Bank of India today reiterated the menace of Counterfeit (fake) Currency Notes, through a Public Notice.
The highlights of the Public Notice are as under:
01) Unscrupulous elements are putting into circulation Fake Indian Currency Notes of higher denominations in the course of normal transactions, taking advantage of the gullible and unsuspecting nature of some members of the public.
02) The public are advised to subject notes that are accepted to careful scrutiny. Genuine Indian Currency Notes of higher denominations have strong counterfeit resistant security features. The fake notes can be identified on closer inspection.
03) Detailed information on the security features on the banknotes are available on Reserve Bank of India website, https://paisaboltahai.rbi.org.in/, and the public may familiarize themselves with these features and educate others also.
04) Members of public are requested to make it a habit of looking at the notes before accepting them in the usual course of daily transactions and help arrest the counterfeiting of Indian banknotes.
05) Reserve Bank would like to remind all stakeholders that counterfeiting of notes, or possession, exchange, acceptance, putting into circulation of counterfeit notes or in any way abetting such actions are offences under the Indian Penal Code and such actions are liable to be punished stringently.
06) Reserve Bank is considering additional identity requirements for the use of Indian banknotes in large numbers.
07) Reserve Bank appeals to the members of the public for cooperation with the Reserve Bank and public authorities in containing the menace of circulation of counterfeit notes.
08) The notice has been issued by the Reserve Bank to advise caution and in the larger public interest.
The website @ https://paisaboltahai.rbi.org.in/ contains
01) Short video film highlighting the safety features in Indian Bank Notes
02) Frequently Asked Questions
03) Know your Bank Notes section
Posted by nprashant nayakanti at 6:43 PM
Monday, October 17, 2016
An interesting Post caught my attention on UBER India website. The headline of the Post is “Start-ups ride on UberPitch”.
Pitching can be made by both UBER users and Non-Uber Users residing in 28 Indian cities. The 28 cities definition has been arrived basis the cities in which UBER operates.
Interested persons have to answer 6 questions on a dedicated website and hit the ‘Submit’, button.
Pitching can be done upto November 1st 2016. Once you submit your idea, keep checking your mailbox. Uber will inform the shortlisted riders, by November 6, 2016 via email on the further process.
Cool, isn’t it. So go ahead and do the pitching today itself. Pitch audacious ideas, stretch beyond the possible, dig deep into your sub conscious.
I have pitched the following Idea:
UBER India Pitch Idea::::---
A Pan India Reward Card. Reward Points to be added as and when the user
01) Executes an Electronic Transaction
02) Uses a Public Convenience
03) Disposes Garbage in designated spots
04) Contributes to Swach Bharat
Sunday, October 16, 2016
Bank account transactions details are normally provided to bank customers through a Pass Book or a printed Statement of Account. Customers can also access their banks account transactions through alternate channels i.e Mobile Banking, SMS Banking, Net Banking, Missed Call Banking etc.
It was a challenge for Visually Impaired customers to have a self analysis of their bank transactions and have to depend on support persons
Realising this, State Bank of India explored the option of Video Bank Account Statement.
A couple of months back, based on feedback received from its customers, State Bank of India unveiled the Video Bank Account Statement.
In the initial phase, the Video Bank Account Statement is available to HNIs(High Networth), Wealth Management and Visually Impaired customers.
The requirement for bank customers to avail this is simple. The Account Holders should request their base branch to activate the Statement of Account facility at the Account Level in the Banks CBS (Core Banking Solution).
The account should be flagged as HNIs(High Networth) or Wealth Management or Visually Impaired customers.
There are 3 FAQ’s which highlight the benefits of the Video Bank Account Statement on the banks website.
State Bank of India has over 14,000 Branches spread all over India, and a branch of SBI or its Associate Banks can be found even in remote areas.