This is your chance to highlight your thoughts to the Indian Banking industry.
Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (formerly The Indian Institute of Bankers) was established in 1928, has invited original ideas under its ‘Micro Research papers,
This is in advancements of one of the key objectives of IIBF i.e ‘To promote research relating to operation, products, instruments, processes, etc. in banking and finance and encourage innovation and creativity among finance professionals’.
‘Micro Research’ is a sort of an essay competition for members of the Institute (bankers) to present their original ideas, thoughts and best practices on areas of their interest.
IIBF started this initiative in 2004-05 and since then, the Institute invites Micro Research papers every year. The topics are identified by the Research Advisory Committee of the Institute.
The competition is open to life members of IIBF, who are presently working in banks and financial institutions.
Members of the Institute are free to submit papers on original ideas on any topic including the following topics for Micro Research, 2017.
The below topics are only an indicative to tickle the thoughts our IIBF Members.
Members can also submit original ideas relating to Banking
1. Training needs of future bankers (Pointers__ : What can be done to reduce the load on the customer front desk?)
2. Role of Participation Lending Certificates in meeting Priority Sector requirements (Pointers__ : Does PLCs ensure that the Priority Sector beneficiaries receive the best possible credit facities?)
3. Promise of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Pointers__ : Based on the last few months experiences, inputs to enhance the success rates of referrals under Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code)
4. Emergence of Payment Banks (Pointers__ : What differentiators will propel Payments Banks to taste success?)
5. Small Finance Banks: Complimentary or Supplementary (Pointers__ : Should MUDRA Loans be the sole preserve of Small Finance Banks?)
6. Challenges and opportunities in Peer to Peer Lending (Pointers__ : Tax implications for gains as well as losses)
7. New perspectives from Analytics for credit appraisal (Pointers__ : What if the merchants migrate bulk of their transactions though the eWallet mode?)
8. Cyber Frauds and remedial measures (Pointers__ : How to safe guard by Bank account ???)
The essays/papers will be judged on their content/relevance and originality.
The authors of the accepted papers will be rewarded with a citation and cash prize ranging from Rs. 3,000/- to Rs. 10,000/- depending on the merit of the paper.
All the interested members of the Institute may submit micro research papers in English with the word limit of 5000 words or 10 – 12 pages (A4/ Times New Roman / Font size
The last date for submission of the paper is 31st January, 2018.
Please note to include the following while submitting your Paper i.e; Membership number, bank address, mobile no. /landline no. and email ID of the member submitting the paper.
Applications without membership numbers will not be considered.
A soft copy of the micro research paper, in word and PDF format may be sent by e-mail to email@example.com
Candidates may please note that copying materials as it is from various sources should completely be avoided. Wherever information used in the essay is taken from other sources the author should acknowledge and provide complete reference of the source. It should be ensured that there is no violation of copyrights, if any.