State Bank of India saving bank account holders with an average quarterly balance of INR50,000/- will be able to enjoy the benefits of SBI RuPay Platinum debit card.
The SBI RuPay Platinum debit card was launched on May 7, 2015 at a gala function presided over by Smt. Arundhati Bhattacharya, Chairman, SBI and Shri A. P. Hota, MD and CEO, NPCI.
As incentives to encourage SBI customers to start using this card, the following features are part of the SBI RuPay Platinum debit card:
- 5% cashback on utility bill payments
- Upto 1% fuel surcharge waiver
- Complimentary airport lounge access
- Complimentary concierge services
- Complimentary welcome discount vouchers
- Personal accidental death and permanent total disability insurance cover of Rs. 2 lacs
SBI account holders need not worry as this card is accepted at all payment channels – ATM, PoS and eCommerce.
The insurance cover is in addition to the cover available under Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana