Why did UPI volumes drastically fall on 17th September 2020?

 



UPI started four years ago, but it seems it has been around for a majority of bank account holders.

UPI is the de-facto choice for millions of bank account holders across India.

The love for UPI transcends boundaries, across states, across time.

Thousands of UPI transactions flow every minute across the country.

The joy of sending and receiving monies within seconds in bank accounts is worth watching.  

The sadness of not able to send or receive monies due to UPI disruption has to be seen on the face of my office canteen chaiwallah.

The same sad feeling reflected across many bank holders, during the 2nd half of 17th September 2020. They could not understand what was wrong: -

01)                       Mobile Network issues

02)                       Issue with sender’s bank

03)                       Issue with receiver’s bank

04)                       Issue with their UPI App

UPI saw its lowest September 2020 volumes on 17th September, 2020.

The 17th September volumes were 402.75 lacs as compared to 628.73 lacs on 16th September or 637.88 lacs on 18th September.

UPI Volumes

 16/09/2020 -- 628.73 lacs

17/09/2020 – 402.75 lacs

18/09/2020 – 637.88 lacs

My office Chaiwallah with a captive consumer base of 500+ and other small vegetable vendors complained that UPI transactions were not going through in the 2nd half of 17th September.

It was a bit chaotic with customers and sellers confused as to why the UPI transactions were not going through.

My office Chaiwallah lost business of around INR300/- (His average transaction is INR10/-) and other vendors too lost business, as many of their customers did not have cash in their purses!!

Of course, regular customers were offered a mini Line of Credit.

The disruption brought in a new angle for bank account holders.

 

Please refer to the Reserve Bank of India ‘Daily data of select payment systems’,  for daily updates on India’s digital transactions volumes.

Disclaimer: These are my personal opinions only, and the bottom line is ‘Spreading the Joy of Safe ePayments’.

 

 

 

 

Comments


  1. Good day to you all am very happy to write this testimony to the whole world to see the great work of the great man named DR.AZIEGBE I was down over since 1year but thank god am here to give this testimony for you all to see the great powers that is hiding on this earth I was once an HSV 2, but thanks to him that help me I was going through internet looking for cure when I see this man name AZIEGBE I quickly email him If I can get help to grateful surprise to me he really do according to the post I see on internet this man ask me to provide some necessary things which he should be able to use for my cure, I did what he say and after everything, this man told me that after two weeks I will be cured, after that ending of the weeks i should go for test I did and I was very happy when I see my result but i don’t know how he did it but thank God for bring this man to me am very happy to see myself am HSV negative you can order now and get your cure on email: DRAZIEGBE1SPELLHOME@GMAIL .COM just call him for quick answer on his number +2349035465208, also contact him on this
    1. HIV / AIDS 2. COPD 3. CANCER 4. ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) 5. Hepatitis B
    ..
    6. HPV 7. emphysema

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION IN INTERNATIONAL TRADE FINANCE

IIBF-Certificate Examination in Foreign Exchange Facilities for Individuals

Feedback on BB-Instant Vending Machines customer review_ “while login (maximum account limit reached for this number) problem”